Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways: directly from your input on our contact forms and automatically through technologies (i.e. cookies).
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational and professional background information;
- Registration information/profile information;
- Papers, Articles, Research Contributions;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to us.
Information Collected Automatically
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on this website.
- Other Log files, device data, & usage data.
- Third party account data will be collected, with your permission, if you link your Institute of Mineral Research account with third parties (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
You can control cookies through your browser’s settings and other tools.
Use of Your Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Enhance, evaluate and improve this website, and to develop new services;
- Notify you about changes or updates to this website and our products and services;
- Provide you access to this website and its features.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may need to disclose your personal information:
- to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
- to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others;
- and if this site is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
Currently, the comment section of this website is closed. However, in the future we may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any information you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexable by search engines, and might not be able to be removed from search engines.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Information
The accuracy of information is solely the responsibility of the user. If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfill your request but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
Institute of Mineral Research takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.