The following references have become outdated or may have been superseded by newer science-based publications. Nonetheless, they remain relevant and considered critical information resources. Click on the name of the author to read the publication.
- Women’s Health Initiative Calcium and Vitamin D Supplementation Study, The New England Journal of Medicine, Feb. 16, 2006 No.7.
- Osteoporosis and Calcium, By Harold J. Kristal, DDS with James M. Haig, NC, Personalized Metabolic Nutrition Newsletter, April 2002.
- Zemel MB. Role of calcium and dairy products in energy partitioning and weight management. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 May;79(5):907S-912S.
- Bowen J, Noakes M, Clifton PM. A high dairy protein, high-calcium diet minimizes bone turnover in overweight adults during weight loss. J Nutr. 2004 Mar;134(3):568-73.
- Teegarden D. Calcium intake and reduction in weight or fat mass. J Nutr. 2003 Jan;133(1):249S-251S.
- Heaney RP. Normalizing calcium intake: projected population effects for body weight. J Nutr. 2003 Jan;133(1):268S-270S.
- Heaney RP, Davies KM, Barger-Lux MJ. Calcium and weight: clinical studies. J Am Coll Nutr. 2002 Apr;21(2):152S-155S.